Reston, VA lies northwest of Washington, DC and is served by major airports and interstate highways.
Air Transport: Reston, VA is 5 miles from Dulles International Airport with service to and from many cities.
Road Transport: Interstate Highways I-95, I-66 and I-270 serve the Washington, DC area as well as major state routes. Please see Google Maps to find a route from your location.
Directions to Lake Audubon From the Washington Beltway (I-495):
Lake Audubon is located at 2070 Twin Branches Rd., Reston, VA 20191, 703-620-9801 (pool phone). To get to the lake from the beltway:
- Take the Dulles Toll Road (West 267). There is a 75 cent toll.
- Exit at Wiehle Avenue (exit 13).
- Turn left onto Wiehle Avenue.
- Cross over the Wiehle Avenue bridge.
- Turn left on Sunrise Valley Drive at the dead end.
- Turn right on South Lakes Drive (second light).
- Make an immediate left on Twin Branches Road at the next light (near the shopping center).
- The entrance to the lake is 1/2 mile on the right.
Park anywhere on Twin Branches Road or Glade Drive (next street after passing the lake). No parking is allowed in the Lake Audubon or pool parking lots except for event officials and handicapped persons.
There are numerous hotels 15-30 minutes from the lake that can be found using online search sites. The following hotels provide accommodations close to the lake:
- Host Hotel: Marriott Courtyard Herndon Reston (4.3 miles, 10 minutes to lake), 533 Herndon Parkway, Herndon, VA 20170, 1-703-478-9400. Rooms available at $69 per night for May 25-27 on the Marriott Online Reservation System. Book by May 3, 2012 to get the special rate. When registering by phone (1-800-228-9290), mention the Jim McDonnell Lake Swim room block.
- Sheraton Reston
(2.3 miles, 6 minutes to lake), 11810 Sunrise Valley Drive,
Reston, VA 20191, 703-620-9000.
- Hyatt Regency Reston (3.0 miles, 8 minutes to lake), 1800 Presidents Street, Reston, VA 20190, 703-709-1234. This hotel is located in the Reston Town Center.
- Lake Fairfax Park (3.6 miles, 8 minutes to lake), 1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston, VA 20190, 703-471-5415.